Friday, May 30, 2014

Spring Updates

I meant to post and spread out the photos over the past month but it got away from me.  So our spring update has arrived.  

Baseball season is in full swing, and actually almost over.  Eliot is in the next level up from t-ball this year and blossoming in the sport.  He is a very consistent hitter and is getting the rules down a little better this time around.  He still bats lefty and throws righty.


We took a little family jaunt to the beach on one of our warmer days.  It was nice to see the water after so long!


Willow loves collecting rocks just like her brother used to.  It's funny how the memories flood back at each little stage she is having.



Thankfully we have now put away the hats and warm coats now.  We were admiring the purple flowers in the background of this one and Eliot is just out of frame telling her not to eat them.


The daffodils were beautiful this year!  They seem to have taken to where I planted them so hastily several falls ago.  I am planning for some more this fall, too.


Easter was fun this year with our little egg hunt.  Willow got it a lot more than I thought she would.  She had some coaching from big brother in the days leading up to it.  She had graham cracker bunnies in her eggs that she LOVED.  Wow, she begged for those for a long time afterward!




More of the spring flowers that were in the woods right behind the house.





I love these white ones.  They are so fleeting and I watch for them on our walks every spring.  They are lon gone now replaced by the biggest dandelions I have ever seen!


She loves picking the flowers off of the bleeding hearts.  Thankfully the plant is so profuse it doesn't seem to be doing any harm.  The perennial garden is so over grown at this point it is going to take a ton of work to get it to where I want it.



I've gotten most of my seeds in now, too.  A lot of things are peeking up and several things self seeded.  I'm waiting on the squash and tomatoes and some of the cut flowers until the weather warms up a bit more.


We had a nice visit from Texas Grandpa and Willow loved sitting in his lap.  She doesn't let many other people hold her so I was pleasantly surprised to see them cuddling and reading.


Some more fun photos:




1 comment:

Heather LeFebvre said...

I love all the pictures! Willow is getting so big -- so sweet and precious!!! Ditto on the perennial garden. I need to start this coming week. UGH! Our weather seems to have climbed to low to mid 80's and I think it is there to stay awhile. Thankful we haven't hit any 90's yet. Enjoy your weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...